Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mrs. Wright's Class

The last two weeks have zoomed by and I can't believe we are down to less than 10 days of school. I will sure miss this class and have enjoyed them tremendously! In saying that I hope that you were at the celebration last Thursday. The kids did a super job and I was very proud of my class. We will be having our classroom celebration/end of the year party on Thursday, May 20th. Mark the date on your calendar and plan to be there. All parents are welcome to attend. The afternoon festivities will include a pizza party, games and crafts. We will need some extra hands to assist in the projects so if you are planning on coming, let me know!

We have been doing awesome with our spelling tests. Almost the whole class has earned a 100% each week since we started them. This week will be the last practice test and I feel that the kids are more than prepared for the first grade spelling lists. This week will also be the last week for little books and the final homework packet is due on Friday. Please keep up with reading and various writing and math activities throughout the summer to keep all of the learning fresh for first grade. In math we are cruising right through the addition chapter. The kids are getting it pretty easily, but again could use some practice over the summer. We will begin our subtraction chapter towards the end of the week and this will be a skill to fine tune over the summer since we are running out of time in class. The kids will expand on addition and subtraction in first grade, but should have a good understanding about each of these math concepts before entering first grade.

Well, as we approach the end of the year I want to thank each of you for being so involved with our class and your child's learning. The kids have come so far this year and I am confident that all of them will do well next year entering in to first grade. I have invited all of the kids to come back and visit my class next year and hope to see each of you around campus. We will be enjoying these last days we have together. Thanks again for all you do!