Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ms. Trowbridge's Class

Congratulations to all the kindergarten students on a spectacular celebration night. I hope everyone enjoyed the performance. I was so proud of everyone and their outstanding performance. Remember, you can still buy a DVD of the show, $3 each and orders are due by May 14th.

I also want to thank everyone for a wonderful teacher appreciation week. I received many gifts, cards, and drawings to show how much everyone appreciates me. I appreciate all of you just as much as you appreciate me I am sure!

The school year is sadly coming to a close. Only two more weeks of kindergarten for everyone, can you believe that? Here are some important reminders;

Remember to continue to read over the summer. Summer is a long period of time especially for five and six year olds. We unfortunately see a lot of regression between school years so just make sure you are doing your part at home to minimize this. The library is a great place to start. Everyone is reading now and should be reading between a .5 and 1.5 reading level. So ask the librarians at your local library to point you to that section. You may also want to look into getting some workbooks to keep your students minds sharp. Walmart and Costco are great places to find these workbooks. And don't forget about www.starfall.com. They have a "Im reading" section that everyone can learn from now.

I will be gone Thursday May 13th - Monday May 17th and will be returning on the 18th so if things seem a little different, this is why. Mrs. Woodard will be my sub for the entire time. The students have had her before and should be used to her. I will still be checking my email so if you have any concerns please email me.

On Thursday, May 20th, we will be having our end of the year celebration. Parents are welcome to come and help out. Please contact our room moms if you have questions or want to know how to help.

Friday, May 21st. Only AM students come from 8-11am. This is also the last awards assembly.

If you have any library books out, they are due now. We will be concluding our reading series for the year, please return your little books ASAP.

We will be trying to finish up our last couple of math chapters in the next couple weeks. We are learning about addition and I cannot believe how fast everyone is catching on! I am hoping to get to subtraction as well but only as an introduction.

We will be starting our plant unit this week, students will even get to plant their own plants and hopefully see them grow!

We will also be working on some memory pages to put into our poem books. I hope everyone will be able to cherish these poem books forever and be able to look back for years to come and remember kindergarten!

If you have any questions about any of the upcoming events, please contact me!