Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ms. Wolters' class

We had a great time at our pizza party Friday!!! Thanks again for all of your orders. We went to the book fair Friday to preview the books so your child may have a wish list to show you. Davey's family donated several books with CDs and we already listened to one about snakes and the kids loved it!! Thanks so much to Davey's family!!! The book fair will continue through this week if you would like to stop in and make a purchase. This week is the end of the quarter and conferences. I tried to arrange some conferences for Wednesday so I did not have to do 19 on Thursday. That seemed a little overwhelming. Please make sure to send your confirmation slip in so I can complete my schedule. I am looking forward to meeting with all of you. I assessed each child individually for some of their grades and I was very pleased with how well they did.
I would like to start our handwriting centers this week but I will need some helpers. Please send me an email if you would like to help out with this. It will include fun activities like pinching playdoh and making letters in shaving cream. The kids will love it!! Last week we learned the letters B and K and continued learning our numbers up to 31. We have also been working on writing and it is so much fun to see what the kids come up with. Thanks for all you do and I look forward to another great week!!
Ms. Wolters