Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ms. Trowbridge's Class

We have almost made it through our second week of school! Everyone is doing a great job with learning the rules and staying on green all day. Please remember to check your child's folder every night and empty it out. As the year goes on, more and more papers will go home in the folders and it important to empty them every night. Also, please remember to continue to sign and praise your child for their green lights.

This week we learned M and S and were introduced to numbers 0-5. Remember to continue to enforce these concepts at home.

The first homework packet of year goes home tomorrow, Friday. These packets are due back to me next Friday, the 21st. Homework is a great way to spend time with your child and show them the importance of school. If you have any questions on the homework or don't understand the directions clearly, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I still have lots of backpacks, water bottles, and lunch bags without names on them. It is much easier to figure out who they belong to when they have a name on it. Please write your child's name somewhere on the item so I can find it.

Next week our parent helpers start, if you are interested in being a parent helper and coming in to help run centers, do prep work for me, or help students struggling in small groups, please let me know. I still have a couple of spots in the morning, and a lot of spots in the afternoon. If you would like to be a parent helper please email me or send a note in with your child.

Thank you to everyone for making these last 2 weeks as smooth as possible for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Email: ktrowbridge@jocombs.k12.az.us
Phone: 480-987-5330 X4327