Monday, February 1, 2010

Mrs. King's Class

Well, it's the first Monday of February and the days just keeps flying by. Valentine's Day will be here soon and today in the folders a pink sheet went home about our Valentine's Celebration. Please read the information and if and let me know if there is an issue in supplying the needed item. I fully understand that some budget just don't have any wiggle room. So please don't let it be a burden just e-mail me and we will take care of it. Also I just wanted to also explain how I do the Valentine Cards. NO LIST is be sent home! Please have your child sign their name on 24 cards. That's it-DON'T PUT ANY NAMES OF THE OUTSIDE OF THE CARDS OR ENVELOPES. You are welcome to put a treat or something with the cards but Kindergartners are just too young to try to match up all the right names with the right bag and it becomes a nightmare and we end up with children in tears! If they are just signed your child will simply drop one Valentine into each of their classmates bags and it is fast, easy and NO TEARS! So remember NO LIST will be sent.

Next, I also sent home in folders today the PTO Cookie Dough Fund Raiser. This is the last big fund raiser PTO will do for the year. Please don't send your child door to door, only have them sell to people you know. Orders and Money are due back on February 12th. If you chose not to participate that is fine, just send the packet back to school. Delivery for the Cookie Dough will be the First week in March I believe. You will need to come to the school and pick it up as it will be way to hard to send it on the buses or for the children to carry it home. I will give you the exact date and times so that you can be prepared.

We have lost one of our Math Books. I am not sure if someone accidentally took it home so if you could look around and in your child's room for a red soft bound math book. It has a cute Dalmatian puppy on the front cover. If you find it, I would appreciate sending it back to school. We are not done with them yet and I don't have a replacement for it.

On Friday a purple flyer went home in folders asking for Parent Volunteers to help with our Kindergarten Celebration. We will be having a very short meeting with those interesting in volunteering right after early release on Wednesday, February 10. If you are interested please fill out the form and return it to school. If you didn't get the flyer and would like to help just send me an e-mail. We are looking for people to help with decorations, props, refreshments and other various items related to the celebration.

I also e-mailed the new snack list home today. If you didn't get one or have trouble opening it either e-mail me or send me a note. I can either make you a hard copy of send you the date your child has snack.

The children are doing a great job reading their little books and turning in their homework. I can't thank you enough for being so supportive and making this first learning experience for your children such a positive and rewarding one. I am amazed every day at how quickly they are learning and growing and it is because they have such great support at home!! Thanks again for all you do to support our efforts here at school. It will pay dividend for a life-time for your children.