Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mrs. King's Class

REMINDER!!!!

Tomorrow is our Valentine's Day Celebration activities. Valentine Cards need to be brought to school tomorrow morning. Remember to just have your child sign 24 of them, you do not put the other children's names on any of the cards.

Ghost Toast:
At our last celebration we did and activity called Ghost Toast. I promised the children I would put the directions on the Blog so they could make it at home. Don't worry it is very simple and quite fun. Of course, I forgot so I am making good on my promise.

Ingredients:

Whole or 2% Milk-just a couple of tablespoons for each color
Food Coloring
Bread-white bread works best but wheat can be used as well the colors just don't come out as bright.

Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar or other favorite toast topping.

Mix the food coloring with the milk. Use a paint brush (you can get a package of ten in the craft department of Walmart for 97 cents) to paint a picture or design on the bread. Only do one side. Toast the bread in a toaster. Add butter and favorite toast topping. Eat and Enjoy.

Next Progress Reports will come home on Friday. Please check your child's folder for them. I won't be here but the substitute should put them in the folders. The entire class is doing very well. I am very proud of them.

Remember Cookie Dough Orders are due on Tuesday, February 16th.


Last thing I also promised to post directions to one of my sons baseball games. The reason I will be gone on Friday is I am attending my son's college baseball games out of state. He does plays for Cochise College down in southern Arizona. Most of the children expressed interest in coming to a game. Well, they wanted to go with me on Friday. Unfortunately, we all know that is impossible but the team does play a few games nearby. They will be here in town-well close on Saturday, February 20th. They play two games at Chandler/Gilbert College which is just off Gilbert and the 202. The games are at 12:00 and 2:30. If you have nothing to do that Saturday afternoon and want to enjoy a baseball game. You are welcome to bring the kids and come join me. It is free.

I hope you all have a great three day weekend. Remember no school on Monday.
Happy Valentine's Day!