Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mrs. King's Class

First, I hope everyone had an enjoyable Spring Break! I did, my son's baseball team played in a tournament in Tucson and I got to watch 4 days worth of games.

A couple of reminders for upcoming events-Kindergarten Field Trip monies are due by this Friday. I will try to remind you at conference if I don't have your paperwork. Also if you are interested in Chaperoning please check that on the permission slip. We can only take five parents on the bus, so on Friday I will be drawing names out of a hat to decide who will ride with us. I will send home paperwork to those five parents on Monday who were chosen. If you are not chosen to go, you are still welcome to attend. You will just need to drive your own vehicle to the farm, pay your own way in and remember that your child is already a part of an assigned group and while you may stay with your child-your child MUST STAY with the assigned group! Also remember that no siblings are allowed to attend.

Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. Please come to the outside door and peek in to make sure the previous conference has concluded. If I am with someone, please have a seat in the chairs outside and I will get to you as quickly as possible. Your students are encouraged to come to the conference with you and report cards will be given to you at this time.

Next, Thursday, April 1. We will be celebrating SPRING! Mrs. Foster is looking for parents who would like to come in a help with our fun celebration activities. We will be doing special activities from 11:30 to approximately 2:15 or so. If you would like to help please contact her at: jfoster4000@yahoo.com or send me a note and I will pass it on to her.

The book fair is also going on this week. Tomorrow Morning is Muffins with Mom. The book fair will be open before school to allow you to stop by with your child. Children must be accompanied by an adult to attend the book fair before school. We will be preview the book fair tomorrow during our regular library special. The books are buy one get one free and they do have some very nice books for less than $5.00.

Next week we will also be celebrating Read Across America here at Simonton. A flyer will be sent home to explain all the fun activities we will be doing that related to reading! So be ready to read, read, read!

I look forward to visiting with each family at Parent/Teacher Conferences this week! See you at your assigned time!

P.S.
I have only gotten 1 yellow t-shirt for the celebration. We really need to start getting those in so that we have time to get the photo printed on them and get them back to you to be worn at the celebration.