Monday, March 1, 2010

Ms. Wolters' Class

I can't believe March is here already!! The kids have been doing great with decoding words, reading sight words and reading their little books. When they finish the list of books they get to move on to AR reading and they can earn points and prizes. We have three students who are AR reading and the rest of the kids are anxious for their turns. Thank you for your help reading with the kids at home. Your help is a very important part of their success. Thank you to Mrs. Arellano and Mrs. Baker who have come to help read the little books with the kids. By myself I usually can't get through all of them in one day so I am grateful for the help.

We have been writing a lot in our journals. I am very impressed with how far the kids have come with sounding out words and writing them. In math we have been learning about time to the hour and counting money. So far we have learned to count pennies and nickels. If you could let your child practice counting nickels and pennies at home, that would be very helpful.

I hope you all read the post to all kinder families. We need to have a green t-shirt for our celebration in May. The t-shirts were on sale at Michaels for $2.50. We will be singing some nursery rhymes for our end of the year celebration.

As most of you know I am getting married in Hawaii next Friday!! I will be gone March 9th-24th and I will be back to meet with you for conferences. Mrs. Banner will be our sub and the kids love having her. I look forward to meeting with you and sharing the work your child has been doing. Have a great rest of the week!