Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ms. Trowbridge's class

This week in kindergarten we will be focusing on perfecting our phonics skills. We will be working on sounding out words as well as decoding words. We will also be writing in our journals. I am so impressed with how well everyone is doing on their writing skills. The journals they turned into me yesterday were amazing! Keep up the great work of practicing at home.

This week we will finish up our time telling section. We are learning how to read analog and digital clocks to the hour. So far everyone is doing a great job of figuring out how to tell time. After spring break we will begin money. I have introduced a few money songs that you might ask your students to sing to you at home but after spring break we will really dive into telling the difference between and counting money.

This week has been full of assessments and I can not believe the progress everyone has made since the beginning of the year. I can see growth in everyone!

Conference slips went home today. Please mark on the bottom portion whether or not you will be able to come to your assigned time. I know the paper says the 25th and 26th but obviously I cannot fit everyone into those two days so some of you might be scheduled for a different day. I am really excited to get to share the growth of your students with you.

Please continue to bring in those tshirts, remember, AM students need a red tshirt and PM students need a navy blue tshirt. I am getting a lot in so keep it up! Remember, we need all shirts by the end of March.

We are still in need of copy paper. If you are able to donate copy paper I would appreciate it!

Next week is spring break, I hope everyone has a fabulous break. Remember to continue to read with your child each night as well as review things they learned in school. This would be a great time to practice money, time, or sight words!

The week after spring break and during conferences is the school wide book fair. Please consider going to the book fair with your child to help support our school. The library will be closed during that time so if your child is in AR he or she will not be able to check out books during that time.

I hope everyone has a great break, let me know if you have any questions.