Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mrs. King's Class

I can't believe how fast the year is flying by. We will soon be done with September and into October. We have covered letters M, R, S, T, P, C, A, G, N, D, F and are working on I and L this week. That makes 13 letters and we are half way through the alphabet. Keep working on these letters at home: finding pictures that start with them, drawing things, looking on signs anywhere and everywhere be looking for letters and sounds. We have also just about finished chapter 4 and are doing well with numbers 0-10. We will begin numbers 11-31 in chapter 5. This is probably the most difficult chapter we will do-except maybe subtraction in the spring. We will need you to review and review these numbers to get them written correctly and in the right order. So keep up the work at home.

We are now ready to start our handwriting program, so I am in need of volunteers. I need two or three parents on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:15-10:15 approximately to help us do this program. Please let me know if you are able to come in and help. If you can't commit to every week-if you could do every other week that would be helpful also. Just e-mail me with what will work for you. I would like to begin the first full week in October. After break I will also be looking for some volunteers in the afternoons to help with centers so let me know if that works better for you.

Keep an eye out for lots of activities coming in October including: the Book Fair, Fall Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, Fall Festival, and Read to Kids Day. Dates and times are on their way so stay tuned!