Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mrs. King's Class

We are almost to the end of September! I can't believe how fast the year is flying by! The students are really doing well. I am so proud of the progress they are making on their letters, sounds and numbers as well as behavior and following the rules. We get compliments all the time about what a good class they are and how well they behave and follow the rules. They are all just AWESOME.

I am really looking forward to conferences. The appointment slips went out today. Please check your child's green folder for your letter. Don't panic if you have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon, that is not a mistake. I will be doing a few that afternoon as well as Thursday and Friday. Please keep in mind that I have twenty five families to see in that short period of time and the evening appointment are very limited. If you are not able to attend on the day and time assigned please e-mail me or return the note immediately so we can reschedule. Please send an idea of something that might work better for you. I will do my best to get your rescheduled.

We will start our handwriting workshops next week. I am still looking for volunteers to come in and help with that on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9-10 am.

New Snack Calendars have been sent via e-mail. If you did not get one or need a hard copy please e-mail me or send a note. Also the School Newsletter will go out tonight-if for some reason you don't get yours via e-mail and need me to send it or get you a hard copy please let me know. There is lots of important information about upcoming information in it. October will be a busy month with conferences and the book fair next week. Fall Break is the following week and when we come back we have the PTO Fall Festival on the 24th Math Curriculum Night on the 27th, Read to Kids day on the 28th and our Harvest Party on the 30th. It will definitely be a busy month! More information will come home about the end of the month activities after break!

Everyone has been doing a great job on their homework. Keep up the good work at home!

Thank you so much for all the supplies and paper that have been donated. It is really nice to have such a great group of parents!