Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ms. Trowbridge's Class

Thank you to everyone for being patient with me while we work out the kinks on the new homework calendar. I am hoping by the next 2 week calendar everything should work smoother.

It has been brought to my attention that Thursday nights homework asks you to write sentences using your sight words. Obviously, I do not expect your child to write a sentence using all of our sight words on the list. I would recommend having your child choose 3-5 words to write sentences with, if you feel that this is too over whelming for your child, you can choose less. The point of this homework assignment is to get your child comfortable with writing sentences as well as using their sight words to make them better writers. You can adjust the homework as you see fit.

Also, if you do not have a little book on one of the nights you can choose any book in your house or think back to one of your child's favorite books to write about. Please understand that although I try my hardest to get the books turned around each night, sometimes I cannot get to all students each day.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation while we work through this new system. If you have any questions, please contact me.